From ungrateful young frogs to generous brothers, the captivating characters of Korea’s folktales have provided entertainment and insight for centuries. This new reader from the author of Generation Gap invites students of Korean at the high-beginning or low-intermediate levels to immerse themselves in Korea’s rich folkloric tradition as they develop their language skills and cultural knowledge. Frog’s Tears is a perfect supplementary reader for a first- or second-year Korean course, or for pleasure reading and independent study.
High school and college students who want to explore Korean culture as they learn the Korean language will love these authentic stories that reveal traditional Korean values and thought throughout the ages. Each story is followed by a variety of task-based and content-based exercises for practicing language skills, refining reading comprehension, and extending cultural knowledge through lively discussion.
Frog’s Tears is the second book to be released in the Cheng & Tsui Readings in Korean Culture Series, which offers supplemental readings for students with different levels of Korean language proficiency.
- Traditional folktales adapted for high-beginning or low-intermediate level learners of Korean as a foreign or heritage language
- Lists of new words, idioms, and expressions for each chapter
- Cultural notes, activities, and thought-provoking discussion questions
- Task-based language exercises for improving reading comprehension and practicing new vocabulary and idioms
- Two review units to strengthen understanding of new vocabulary and expressions
- English translations of stories
- Vocabulary index